See Also
Introduction to Genetic Testing  > 

Shall I consult with a Genetics specialist or my physician?

In order to fully understand the implications of a positive mutation result you could either consult with a genetics specialist, which we provide for a small fee, or present the test results to your physician. If you are getting tested through your physician’s request then we will send a copy of the results to your physician.

There are treatments for many of the genetic disorders that you could test through this website. Thus we strongly recommend you to consult with your physician regarding a positive (homozygous) mutation result so he/she can prescribe you with the appropriate medication. If you are an asymptomatic carrier (heterozygous) then you should learn more about the disorder so you can decide if you want to take precautionary measures such as preventive medicine through your physician.

Terms and Conditions
Copyright 2008, MakGene.com. All rights reserved.
Site designed and powered by New Business Systems, Inc.